Friday, July 9th
20.00 "Warm up"
Informal meeting and getting to know each other in a pub in Stuttgart-Vahihingen
Saturday, July 10th
9.00 Start of the workshop at the Hochschule der Medien in Stuttgart.
Meeting and introduction of all participants
- Easypano versus Imatronics, by Robert Eller.
- A new attempt in determining chromatic abberations by Erik Krause
- FlashVR, Framework for VR in Flash, by Christian Stehle
- Spi-V, panoramic shockwave engine, by Aldo Hoeben
- Hugin, a PanoramaTools GUI, by Pablo d'Angelo
- SpheronVR, panoramic scanning camera, by Marc Streit
13.00 Lunch (Bologna da Toni,an Italian restaurant close by will be open for workshop members only, with a reduced menu)
14.00 Guided tour through the media studios of Hochschule der Medien
15:00 Discussions (in smaller groups) about the following topics:
- The nature of VR and how to communicate this great technology.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) - possibilities and limitations of the technology.
- User-friendly technologies and interfaces for the presentation of panoramas.
- Lens calibration and correction of spherical and chromatic aberrations, vingnetting,...
Benefits of organizing in associations (like IQTVRA)
17.00 Open discussion
Sunday, July 11th
9.30 Meeting at the Hochschule der Medien in Stuttgart.
10.00 Shooting and testing. In small groups we set out to different locations.
13.00 Meeting for a resume und an outlook towards the (possible) workshop in the following year